Wednesday

Spring Has Sprung?


Spring has sprung? Sprung a leak, maybe. Snow, ice, rain, wind, cold, and then good old Mother Nature tosses in a couple 70 degree, beautiful sunny days just for spite. I live in Kansas, so we expect radical weather changes. Ridiculous.

We have about a dozen perfect weather days in spring and fall that I would contest with any weather on the planet. But...the other 353 days are a pure grab bag of weather akin to sticking your hand blindly into a gunny sack containing a rat, a squirrel, a tomcat, or a fluffy bunny. I must say, though, 2013 has been odd even by Kansas standards.

I know there have been people suffering much worse weather-related misery than me over the course of the past year, so I shouldn’t complain.

My teacher friends who are on a spring break, Royals spring training vacation to Arizona had the nerve to send me this photograph from the game today. Mind you, when they sent the picture, they were perfectly aware we back in Kansas are under a winter weather advisory for tomorrow. Friends?




I think not. I did promise not to shovel their drive and sidewalk tomorrow. Serves them right.


No comments:

Post a Comment